Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hansen's Natural Energy Pro - Review


CAFFEINE CONTENT
57mg

SUGAR CONTENT
32g

CALORIES
120

ENERGY BLEND
Caffeine, Ginkgo Biloba, Glucose, Panax Ginseng, Taurine

SIZE
8.3oz

AVAILABILITY - 2/10
Hansen’s Natural Energy Pro is one hard drink to find. Honestly, I have never even heard of the drink until I stumbled upon it while aimlessly browsing the shelves at my local Kroger’s. It was hidden right under the FRS drinks and right next to their surprisingly impressive collection of energy shots. My curiosity took over and I observed the can thoroughly. Since I have never seen this drink before, it was a no-brainer for me to pick it up. If you see Hansen’s Natural Energy Pro in stores in your area, you have it lucky. Going back to the same Kroger’s, I have yet to see more cans in stock.

PRICE - 6.5/10
I reluctantly paid $1.89 for this tiny, unknown 8.3oz drink. If I wasn’t so intrigued by it I probably would have passed it up considering I could have gotten a 16oz Monster for less at the same store. But I have a knack for trying new things so I ended up with this.

APPEARANCE - 7/10
Let me be honest, it isn’t the prettiest can available. To me it looks like it belongs in the late 80’s. With a bright green and yellow design in the background and the foreground being dominated by the sideways word “energy”, it wasn’t hard to spot this drink on the shelf. On top of the word energy the drink boasts its three key ingredients: taurine, ginseng, and ginkgo. Overall, the can is a great showpiece on my wall.

TASTE - 7.5/10
When I cracked open the can, I smelled the immensely powerful aroma of artificial citrus. Just shy of overpowering, citrus was surely the king in this drink. Since I didn’t have time to chill the drink before opening, I poured it in a glass filled with ice. Feeling the most unmanly I have since stumbling upon Pretty Little Liars while channel surfing and enjoying it, I took a sip. The taste was complex. The first thing that came to mind was stale Mountain Dew. Don’t get me wrong, I love Mountain Dew, but Hansen’s Natural Energy Pro tasted like a Mountain Dew left open in the sun for a few hours. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the flavor enough to drink all of it.

KICK (INTENSITY) - 3/10
The kick was almost nonexistent. The fact that it has less caffeine than some sodas should be a key indicator that this isn’t a hardcore energy drink. It kept me pleasantly awake. There were no jitters and your brain wasn’t a runaway freight train, but I’ve felt stronger kicks from Coke.  

KICK (DURATION) - 3/10
Again, this drink’s kick was so close to normality that I almost couldn’t tell when it had ended. My best estimate is 2-3 hours after consumption.

OVERALL - C-
The drink’s performance came up short, but the taste was bearable and the can design is unique. I don’t recommend buying a 24-pack on Amazon, but if you happen to come across this little guy in your local grocery store and you feel adventurous, give it a try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment