Friday, May 3, 2013

Tazo Giant Peach Green Tea - Review



 
CAFFEINE CONTENT
Caffeine Free 

SUGAR CONTENT
40g

CALORIES
180

ENERGY BLEND
Green Tea Extract, Sugar

SIZE
13.8oz

AVAILABLENESS - 6/10
The only place I’ve seen Tazo is in my local Target at the back of the drink isle next to all the other bottled teas like Honest Tea, AriZona, and Brisk. But I see those three brands practically everywhere. In gas stations, other grocery stores, dollar stores, etc. But here is Tazo, all by themselves in Target. Of course, I have a Target close by so for me it is fairly easy to obtain, but if you aren’t lucky enough to live by a Target then you may not be seeing Tazo very often.

PRICE - 5/10
I bought the bottle for $1.77. I can’t complain too much because obviously drinks in glass bottles will be more expensive than plastic or cans, but $1.77 seemed too much.

APPEARANCE - 7/10
I am a sucker for glass bottles, so excuse me for my possibly biased rating. But like I said, I love glass bottles. If there was the same design on a can or plastic bottle, I probably would not have rated in higher than a 5. But nonetheless, I like the earthy and natural feel the logo projects. With the letters T, A, Z, and O on the actual bottle with the help of a raised glass design and the fancy cap design that reminds me of Monster Java cans, it makes for an overall appealing bottle. The lettering isn’t crazy or overzealous, just simple black font with the fanciest piece of art on the bottle being the Tazo logo.

TASTE - 1/10
The only reason this isn’t a 0 is because this is my first posted review, and I don’t want a 0 on it. So Tazo got lucky and I generously slapped on a 1. Let me first state that I am a fan of tea. I adore sweet tea and can put up with iced tea, but I have never had green tea because its fan base scared me away. My grandmother used to always have AriZona Green Tea with her. She would down probably 2-3 cans a day. So I stayed away from green tea for a while. I wish I would have stayed away forever. I like peach flavoring, but in this drink the only sign of peach was in the smell. When I took my first sip, the first thought that came into my mind was grass. It tasted like I was eating grass (sadly, I do know what grass tastes like). No hint of peach whatsoever. The aftertaste that infested my mouth made me want to throw up. It literally tasted like I was chewing a plant. In few words, it was disgusting. I forced a couple more swigs down my throat just for the sake of an honest review, and I happily dumped the rest down my kitchen sink.

KICK (INTENSITY) - N/A
I can’t honestly review the kick because I only downed a few sips. The caffeine is almost unnoticeable anyway.

KICK (DURATION) - N/A
Once again, can’t really review this honestly with the amount I drank.

OVERALL - F
Don’t buy it unless you like little to no caffeine, the taste of grass and unreliable marketing. I know it says all natural on the bottle, but something that tastes so earthy was not expected. If you’re a green tea fan, go for it. Don’t buy it for the peach because it is undetectable, most likely drowned out by the grass flavor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment