Sunday, May 5, 2013

Starbucks Iced Coffee + Milk - Review

CAFFEINE CONTENT
115mg

SUGAR CONTENT
21g

CALORIES
110

ENERGY BLEND
Caffeine, Coffee, Sugar, Vitamin C

SIZE
11oz

AVAILABLENESS - 10/10
Iced Coffee + Milk is found everywhere in my area. I’ve seen it in gas stations, grocery stores, even my local mall. I haven’t been inside a Starbucks for as long as I can remember, but I’m willing to bet the bottled version is sold there as well. Considering the bottled Iced Coffee branch is fairly new, it is being sold in every place possible. I had no trouble finding it.

PRICE - 6.5/10
The price I’ve seen in most places is $1.99. I actually got my bottle for free through a sale Target was running. If you buy a four pack of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino’s you got a bottle of Iced Coffee for free. So I took advantage of the sale and picked them both up. Honestly, I would not have bought this bottle otherwise. I took notice that its abundance, but I decided to wait until I found it for a cheaper price.

APPEARANCE - 7/10
This bottle is particularly eye-catching for me because of its shape. A thick round body with a bottleneck seemed peculiar. The resealable twist-on cap is a plus too. Even though I drank the bottle in one sitting, I like that fact that you can stop drinking and throw it in a bag or sitting it on a table without having to worry about spillage. The bottle art is simplistic enough, the front dominated by the Starbucks logo and the words “ICED COFFEE”. The plastic around the body is transparent, but the plastic around the neck is a light shade of brown. It’s tipped off with the resealable cap with, once again, the Starbucks logo. It’s a great collection piece.

 TASTE - 8.5/10
My love affair with Starbucks bottled products began about a year ago when I was grazing the drink isle for something new. My eyes fell on a bottle of Mocha Frappuccino. I’ve been buying Starbucks off the shelf ever since. This product has classic Starbucks taste. When you first take a sip the coffee is immensely strong. But after a few more tastes it gets smoother. You start to taste the creaminess of the milk and begin to enjoy the wonderful aroma of coffee. I drank the whole bottle in about two minutes, all while trying to pace myself. I put an 8.5 because it is only good if you like coffee. It can’t be delicious for everyone. So if you aren’t a fan of coffee, go ahead and drink something else. Coffee fans, this is one for you.

KICK (INTENSITY) - 6.8/10
At 115mg of caffeine, this drink isn’t going to rock your world. Yes, that is a good amount of caffeine, but for most people it isn’t going to give them jitters. The effect on me was noticeable however. After a long Saturday night of partying, I arose a little after 1:00pm. Groggy and disorientated, I looked for something to give me a boost but not to shoot me sky high. The reason why is because of school tomorrow and a very important basketball conditioning session. I need my sleep tonight so an energy drink was out of the options. I soon realized I bought the coffee not too long ago. It did just what I needed it to. Gave me the little nudge I needed to get out of the house and do some necessary chores and a little more drink hunting. Not the biggest jolt on the market, but for my circumstance it was perfect.

KICK (DURATION) - 6/10
The initial boost was short-lived. I got out of my house and noticed it was gone about two hours after consumption. There was no crash though, just a sudden realization that you don’t feel energized anymore.

OVERALL - B
This drink is perfect for a light boost of energy. The taste is great and the appearance is interesting and unique. But the price brought its overall grade down. If you are a coffee lover and don’t mind dishing out two dollars for this, go ahead. You will not be disappointed. 

1 comment: